Small Claims How to Change a Small Claims Court Date
Phone: (415) 444-7040
Location: Civic Center, Hall of Justice, Room 113
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm

A continuance is a request to change or postpone a court date

Continuances of court dates must be requested in writing at least ten (10) calendar days prior to the court date. The continuance may be requested by either party. The Court must receive the written request either in person or by mail, along with a continuance fee. Please see the Court's Filing Fee Schedule for the cost of the continuance request by clicking here. Make checks payable to Marin County Superior Court. A copy of the continuance request must be sent to all other parties in the case before being filed with the Court.

Only one continuance will be allowed for failure to file a Proof of Service. To obtain further continuances to serve the defendant(s), plaintiffs must appear in person on the hearing date to make the request before the judicial officer. If plaintiffs fail to appear for the hearing, the case will be dismissed.