Civic Center, Hall of Justice, Room C-10
8:00am - 4:00pm
An individual who disregards the citation, courtesy notice and final notice and fails to
appear in court by the due date is subject to immediate sanctions by the Court, as follows:
- The Court will notify Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to place a HOLD on the issuance or renewal
of the driver's license and/or vehicle registration;
- Driving privilege suspension;
- Transfer to the Enhanced Court Collection (ECC) program which will take responsibility for collection
of this debt. For more information about ECC, please
- The Court will add a $300 civil assessment and other monetary sanctions to the amount owed.
Receipt of a notice from the DMV regarding a hold or suspension of driver's license or registration due
to a violation of Vehicle Code section 40508 indicates that the Court has reported the violator's failure
to appear in court to DMV.
Once these violations have been reported to DMV, individuals must pay the increased amount of bail, which will
include the civil assessment and other sanctions.
WHAT IF I CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY?
1. If you have a financial hardship you may ask the court to consider your ability to pay by submitting the “Can’t afford to Pay Fine: Traffic and other Infractions” (TR-32-0) along with associated documentation to the clerk’s office.
Below are links to the required forms to request ability to pay determination.
- TR-320 – Can’t Afford to Pay Fine: Traffic and Other Infractions and Information Sheet Form TR-320
- FW-001 – Request to Waive Court Fees Form FW-001
- TR-048 – Plea form – Infractions Form TR-048
2. You may sign up for Community Court through Legal Aid of Marin in San Rafael or The Phoenix Project in Marin City.
Click here for more information.
LEGAL AID of Marin:
1401 Los Gamos Drive, Suite 101, San Rafael, Ca 94903
Phone: (415) 492-0947
The Phoenix Project:
271 Drake Ave, Sausalito, Ca 94965,
Fridays: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Phone: (415) 332-8316
The Traffic Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except holidays. The
office is located on the Court Floor of the Marin County Civic Center Hall of Justice in Room C-10. For
directions to the Civic Center, please
The Marin County Civic Center has three drive-through arches. From the middle arch lobby only, take the
elevator to the "C" floor. After passing through security screening, go left to the end of the hall to Room
C-10. For individuals wishing to speak with a clerk in this office, please call (415) 448-8230. The phone hours are Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST), and Saturday 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (PST). Calls are answered in the order received.
The mailing address is:
Marin County Superior Court - Traffic
P.O. Box 4988
San Rafael, CA 94913-4988
Spanish Language Services
The Traffic Clerk's Office has several Spanish speaking clerks to assist the public and some forms are also
available for review in Spanish. In court hearings, there is usually a Spanish language interpreter in the
courtroom to assist non-English speakers at these hearings.